Friday 31 January 2014

Yay!!!

     A few months back, I entered the Scholastic Art and Writing contest for teenagers. I didn't have a lot of time to prepare or anything. I kind of just threw a story together and sent it in, not really expecting anything to come of it.
     Well, the results came back today.... AND I GOT AN HONORABLE MENTION!
     Cue happy dance! *does amazingly awkward dance* This is my first writing contest, so I'm really happy. There are three types of awards- gold, silver, and honorable mention.
     Next year, I should send in a bunch of entries instead of just one. I can work on them throughout the year. Maybe I could even get a gold award.
     If there are any teens out there who like to write, you should enter too! They have lots of categories. I entered a fiction category, but they have poetry and nonfiction categories as well. The awards are given by regions at first. If you get a gold award there, yours can get judged on the national level. All teens in grades 7-12 are eligible to compete.

My Smart Question of the Day
    How is a raven like a writing-desk?

1 comment:

  1. I have no comment about your question, but I remain astonished and proud! Congratulation on your achievement!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete