Sunday 12 January 2014

Why do Vampires Sparkle?

I just finished reading the sweetest romance novel. It was awesome!
Romance is actually one of my favourite genres, but none of my friends like it. Personally, I think that they like it, but they're just too embarrassed to admit it. After all, someone has to like romance, otherwise there wouldn't be a gazillion YA books about it.
And before you ask- no, I don't like Twilight. I mean, the vampires sparkle, for goodness sake! Fairies are meant to sparkle, not vampires. I couldn't even make it halfway through the first book. Here's all I can remember from it:
Bella stares at the rain. Bella trips. Bella stares at Edward. Oh, look, he's a vampire (sparkle sparkle). 
That's seriously it. In the movie Edward looks like somebody dumped a bucket of glitter on him. So, as I mentioned before, I do like romance books, as long as they don't have vampires or any other strange, supernatural creatures turned friendly.
Sorry if you like Twilight, but that's just my opinion.

My Smart Question of the Day
Who's brilliant idea was it to name the fruit orange, anyway? That's really the best thing he could come up with?

2 comments:

  1. I suppose you should call a plum a purple. Maybe a lemon be a yellow or would that be a banana? An apple could be a red..... unless it's a green apple....then it would be a green-red? Wait a minute, I'm confused....this makes my head hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What was the book you read? I am working on my summer reading list. :)

    ReplyDelete