Wednesday 8 January 2014

Harry Potter

     The other day, I went to Starbucks and ordered a Butterbeer. Yes, you read that correctly. I ordered a Butterbeer, which is what Harry and his friends drink in Harry Potter. Not real beer, of course.
     And oh my gosh.... I can't believe that I've been missing out on it for so long.
     It's a Frappuccino with caramel syrup, toffee nut syrup, and caramel drizzle. That's how you have to order it. You can't say Butterbeer, as the muggles don't know what it is. It was magically delicious! I loved every sip. If you ever go by Starbucks, you should try it. I guarantee that you will not regret it. Just search the recipe; it's pretty easy to find.
     Harry Potter was actually the reason I started writing seriously. You see, I'd always loved the books, and a year or two ago I met some friends who were just as obsessed with them as I was. They wrote Harry Potter fanfiction (fiction written by fans of books, TV shows, etc) on a site called Quotev. My two friends were always talking about their stories. I felt kind of left out, so I made a fanfiction as well.That's when I discovered how much I liked writing. You can sit in front of the computer, or your notebook, and finally put down all the thoughts that are crowding your head. 
     I was pretty decent at writing, too. Before then I had written short stories and such, but I had never considered writing as a career. Fanfiction changed that. Without it, I probably wouldn't have got into writing. 
     
     My Smart Question of the Day
     Why does Hawaii have interstate highways?
     
     

1 comment:

  1. Because they want to be like the big boy and big girl states, lol!

    ReplyDelete